1. These conditions of sale govern the sale of Parrot products (the "Products") placed through the Parrot website www.parrot.com (“Site”) between PARROT DRONES SAS, (Société par Actions Simplifiée) with capital of EUR 60,627,825.00, whose head office is at 174, quai de Jemmapes, Paris (75010), France, registered in the trade register of Paris under the No.808 408 074, Intra-Community VAT No. FR67808408074 ("Parrot Drones") and the non-professional end-user (“Consumer”) or the professional buying the Products for his internal activities (“Professional”), the Consumer and the Professional being hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Client”.
2. The sale of Products to professionals for their reselling activity (distributors, wholesalers, retailers, pure players) is governed by specific terms and conditions of sale.
3. The purchase by a Client of a Product on the Site implies the Client's adherence without reservation to these conditions of sale.
Prices – Conditions of payment
4. Products are invoiced at the tariff in force on the date of the order. Prices displayed include the VAT in force. The prices displayed do not include possible duties and taxes that may be claimed by the customs authorities in the country in which the order is delivered.
5. Delivery charges are indicated before the order is placed and, depending on the Products and/or the amount of the order, are either invoiced additionally or borne by Parrot Drones, as indicated before the order is placed.
6. Payment of the order is made online by credit card (Visa, Carte Bleu, MasterCard, American Express), or via the PayPal system.
7. Products remain the property of Parrot Drones until the complete price has been paid. The Client is reminded that, as soon as he or she takes physical possession of the Products ordered, the risks of loss or damage of the Products are transferred to him or her.
8. The Client may benefit from discount codes. The Client undertakes to respect their conditions of use. Multiple discount codes may never be used cumulatively for a single order.
Orders and deliveries
9. When the Client places an order, he or she is deemed to have accepted the Product’s price. The contract of sale of a Product is effective upon confirmation of the order by Parrot Drones, subject to the payment by the Client of the price of the Product in accordance with the provisions above and in compliance with the provisions of article 8 of these general conditions of sale.
10. The Client is asked carefully to complete the fields concerning his or her identification, the invoicing address and the delivery address.
11. The Products ordered on the Site "/en" are delivered only in the following countries: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Holland, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden (“Delivery Zone”). The Products ordered on the Site “/uk” are delivered only in the UK (“Delivery Zone”). The delivery of the Products won’t be possible in countries not mentioned in the Delivery Zone.
12. The invoicing and delivery addresses may be different.
13. No delivery will be made until the payment has been validated.
14. Depending on the delivery address, deliveries are made by the Parrot Drones carrier from the Parrot Drones storage site in France within 1 to 5 working days. To track his or her order, the Client is invited to use the tracking number and the link that he or she will receive by electronic mail when the package is sent.
15. The Client may cancel an order before the package has been sent, by making such a request under "Customer Service" on the Site.
16. If a package is damaged on delivery, the Client must refuse the parcel, tell the carrier of his or her reservations by recorded letter, and contact Parrot Drones under "Customer Service" on the Site, at the latest within the 3 days (not included public holidays) that follows reception of the product.
17. If the Product delivered is not the one that was ordered, the Client must return the said Product, following the process described in the article “return process”. The Product must be returned in its original packaging with all its accessories and documentation, intact and in an “as new” condition.
18. If the delivery address is erroneous, Parrot Drones will contact the Client to obtain the correct address. If the Client cannot be contacted, the Parrot Drones carrier will return the package to Parrot Drones. Where appropriate, the amount previously collected by Parrot Drones for the order will be reimbursed to the Client within 5 working days counting from the receipt of the package by Parrot Drones.
Consumer legal cancellation right
19. The Consumer may cancel his or her order without stating any reason within fourteen (14) days. The cancellation period expires fourteen (14) days after the day on which the Consumer, or a third party other than the carrier and designated by the Consumer, takes physical possession of the package or, if the order was delivered in several packages, after the day on which the Consumer takes physical possession of the last package.
In order to exercise his or her cancellation right, the Consumer must go to Parrot Drones customer support form on www.parrot.com/en/contact. The Consumer has to choose the option “I am a user” > “Problem with an order on parrot.com”. The Consumer has to provide his or her order number and log into his or her account or provide the email address he or she has used for his or her order (if the Consumer has not created an account). If the Consumer order is eligible for cancellation, the Consumer will be able to submit his or her request. The Consumer will then receive an email acknowledging the cancellation request with the instructions to follow. The Consumer may also send the cancellation form by post using the model cancellation form attached to this document, or by any other declaration devoid of ambiguity to the following address: Parrot Drones SAS – Service Après-Vente, 174, quai de Jemmapes, 75010 Paris, France.
For the cancellation period to be respected, it is sufficient for the Consumer to send his or her request for cancellation before the cancellation period expires.
20. If the Consumer cancels, Parrot Drones will reimburse all payments received from the Consumer, including delivery charges (with the exception of supplementary fees resulting from the fact that the Consumer had chosen, where appropriate, a mode of delivery other than the least costly standard mode of delivery offered by Parrot Drones) without excessive delay and, in all circumstances, by not later than fourteen (14) days from the day on which Parrot Drones is informed of the Consumer's decision to cancel. Parrot Drones will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as that used by the Consumer for the initial transaction, unless the Consumer expressly agrees to a different means; in any case, this reimbursement will not occasion any fees for the Consumer. Parrot Drones may postpone reimbursement until Parrot Drones has received the Product concerned or until the Consumer has provided proof of dispatch of the Product, the key date being whichever of these comes first.
21. The Consumer must return the Product or Products concerned to Parrot Drones without excessive delay and, in any case, not later than fourteen (14) days after communicating his or her decision to cancel his or her order. This period is considered as having been respected if the Consumer returns the Product or Products concerned before the expiry of the period of fourteen (14) days. Each Product must be returned in its original packaging with all its accessories and documentation, intact and in an “as new” condition.
The Consumer may also refuse the delivery directly to the carrier at the time of delivery of the package and advise Parrot Drones of his or her decision to cancel the order in accordance with the provisions indicated in article 19 of these conditions of sale.
The Consumer is liable only for the depreciation of the Product or Products concerned resulting from handling other than that necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and correct operation of the Product or Products concerned.
22. Notwithstanding the above, and within the limits set by law and any public order measures in force, the Consumer may not exercise his or her right to cancel the order for any software sold with a Product after the software has been activated using the product key supplied with the Product.
23. Articles 19 to 22 apply to a Professional not employing more than five (5) salaried employees and for whom the order does not come within the field of his principal activity.
24. Before any return of Product, the Client shall make a return request to the after sales service of Parrot Drones via the online form of its Site, and follow the instructions given. In case instructions would not be followed, Parrot Drones will assume no risk regarding this return (wrong address, loss of package, etc …).
25. The Product(s) must be identical to that/those listed on the return form provided by Parrot Drones.
26. When exercising its legal cancellation right (articles 19 to 23 of these conditions of sale), the Consumer bears the fees for the return of the Products.
27. When the Client brings the guarantee into play (articles 28 to 38 of these conditions of sale), Parrot Drones bears the fees for the return of the Product or Products concerned. When the Consumer chooses to return the Product(s) himself, Parrot Drones does not bear the costs for the return of the Product(s) and does not assume any risk related to this return (wrong address, loss of package, etc …).
28. Legal guarantee of conformity. The Consumer residing in the European Union has a period of two years from the delivery of the good to benefit from the legal guarantee of conformity in the event of the appearance of a lack of conformity. During this period, the Consumer is only required to establish the existence of the lack of conformity and not the date of its occurrence.
Where the contract for the sale of the goods provides for the continuous supply of digital content or digital service for a period exceeding two years, the legal guarantee shall apply to that digital content or digital service throughout the period of supply provided. During this period, the Consumer is only required to establish the existence of the lack of conformity affecting the digital content or digital service and not the date of its appearance.
The legal guarantee of conformity entails an obligation for the professional, if necessary, to provide all the updates necessary to maintain the conformity of the good.
The legal guarantee of conformity gives the Consumer the right to repair or replacement of the good within thirty days of his request, free of charge and without major inconvenience to him.
If the good is repaired within the framework of the legal guarantee of conformity, the Consumer benefits from a six-month extension of the initial guarantee.
If the Consumer requests the repair of the good, but the seller imposes the replacement, the legal guarantee of conformity is renewed for a period of two years from the date of replacement of the good.
The Consumer may obtain a reduction in the purchase price by keeping the goods or terminate the contract and be reimbursed in full against return of the goods, if:
1 ° The professional refuses to repair or replace the good;
2 ° The repair or replacement of the good occurs after a period of thirty days;
3 ° The repair or replacement of the good causes a major inconvenience for the Consumer, in particular when the Consumer definitively bears the costs of taking back or removing the non-compliant good, or if he bears the installation fees of the repaired or replacement good;
4 ° The non-conformity of the good persists despite the seller's attempt to bring it into conformity remained unsuccessful.
The Consumer is also entitled to a price reduction or to contract termination when the lack of conformity is so serious that it justifies price reduction or termination of the contract to be immediate. The Consumer is then not required to request the repair or replacement of the good beforehand.
The Consumer is not entitled to the cancellation of the sale if the lack of conformity is minor.
Any period of immobilization of the good with a view to its repair or replacement suspends the warranty that remained to run until the delivery of the restored good.
The rights mentioned above result from the application of Articles L. 217-1 to L. 217-32 of the French Consumer Code.
The seller who obstructs in bad faith the implementation of the legal guarantee of conformity incurs a civil fine of up to 300,000 euros, which can be increased up to 10% of the average annual turnover (Article L. 241-5 of the French Consumer Code).
To benefit from the legal rights against faulty goods, the Consumer must notify Parrot Drones of the faulty Product in writing, either by sending his or her request to Parrot Drones SAS – 174, quai de Jemmapes – 75010 Paris – France, or via the "Customer Service" on the Site (www.parrot.com/en/contact).
The legal rights against faulty goods apply independently of the commercial guarantee indicated in articles 30 to 38 of these conditions of sale.
29. Guarantee against hidden defects. The Client residing in France also benefits from the legal guarantee against hidden defects in application of articles 1641 to 1649 of the French Civil Code, for a period of two years from the discovery of the defect. This guarantee entitles to a price reduction if the good is kept or to a full refund against return of the good.
To benefit from the guarantee against hidden defects, the Consumer must notify Parrot Drones of the hidden defects in writing, either by sending his or her request to Parrot Drones SAS – 174, quai de Jemmapes – 75010 Paris – France, or via "Customer Service" on the Site (www.parrot.com/en/contact), and supply proof that the Product was affected by the said hidden defect on the day of the sale.
(only for the Products purchased directly from the Site)
30. Without prejudice to the application of the legal rights against faulty goods and of the guarantee against hidden defects referred to above, Products are contractually guaranteed for parts and labour against any non-compliance or defect in operation for a period of twenty-four (24) months counting from the date of purchase by the Consumer, the invoice date being definitive (with the exception of batteries, which are guaranteed for six (6) months).
31. Without prejudice to the application of the guarantee against hidden defects referred to above, Products are contractually guaranteed for parts and labour against any non-compliance or defect in operation for a period of twelve (12) months counting from the date of purchase by the Professional, the invoice date being definitive (with the exception of batteries, which are guaranteed for six (6) months).
32. The commercial guarantee is excluded for the following defects and damage:
- damage consequent on improper use or poor handling or incorrect use,
- a modification or deterioration of the Product caused by a fall or accidental impact, a landing in an unsuitable place, defective installation, a Product modification without the prior consent of Parrot Drones, humidity, inadequate temperature, exposure to a source of heat, excessive pressure, strong wind, rain or atmosphere humidity, sudden changes in altitude, oxidation, the ingress of liquid, dust, sand, breakage, a fall, or the use of inappropriate electrical current, loss of connection with the Product,
- damage resulting from failure to update the Product software,
- loss or alteration of data stored on the Product,
- defects due to the installation of spare parts not in compliance with the recommendations and instructions provided by Parrot Drones in its notice to the user or on the site www.Parrot.com, or the customization of the Product by the Client,
- defects due to a repair or modification carried out without respecting Parrot's instructions and good workmanship,
- defects due to the use of spare parts not supplied by Parrot,
- defects that are not related to the design or manufacture of the Product,
- a progressive weakening over time of the capacity of the Parrot rechargeable battery,
- Damage to the Product caused by the use of an insufficiently charged or damaged battery,
- Damage caused by the use of the Product whereas the Product was damaged or non-functional,
- any use of spare parts not approved by Parrot Drones,
- Products partially repaired,
- Products whose serial number has been removed,
- the replacement of components due to normal wear and tear,
- damage caused using software not developed by Parrot Drones or modified by the Client,
- the modification of a Product in order to comply with regulations and specifications that have changed since the delivery of the Product; or any damage resulting from the non-compliance of a Product with the standards or specification in force in a country other than the country of purchase,
- any damaged Product t (except for items declared by the Client),
- any accident or natural disaster outside the control of Parrot Drones, including but not restricted to lightning, water, fire, public disorders and inappropriate ventilation,
- any installation or service associated with the installation or uninstallation of the Product,
- damage caused by flight that does not respect the recommendations of the user guide,
- damage caused by the use of the Products in an environment with electromagnetic waves (mining areas, relay antennas, high-voltage lines, power plants, etc.),
- damage caused by the use of the Products in an environment with interference from other wireless accessories.
33. In the event of failure, the Client is asked to contact the Parrot Drones’ Customer Service at https://www.parrot.com/en/contact to verify whether the defect is accepted under the guarantee.
If the defect is accepted under the commercial guarantee, the Client will be told about the return procedure.
A Product is considered to be defective within the meaning of the present commercial guarantee if the defect reported by the Client is confirmed by Parrot Drones with reference to the conditions of normal use.
34. The commercial guarantee is expressly limited to free replacement of Products or parts acknowledged as defective by Parrot Drones, to the exclusion of any compensation for any cause whatsoever, in particular for loss and damage of any kind. Products may be replaced with refurbished Products or spare parts.
35. Replacements made on the basis of the commercial guarantee cannot have the effect of prolonging the initial duration of that commercial guarantee, except in the event of immobilization of the defective Product for more than seven (7) calendar days.
36. Products or parts replaced under the guarantee become the property of Parrot Drones.
37. If a failure is not accepted under the commercial guarantee, a repair service subject to payment may be offered if an estimate is accepted.
38. The partial or total inability to use the Products, particularly due to non-compatibility of the equipment, shall not give rise to any compensation, reimbursement or claim under the liability of Parrot Drones,
Compliance with export control regulations
39. The Products may be subject to any applicable export control regulations. In the event of purchase of this type of Product, the Client will be requested to fill in a specific form before the order is finalised.
40. Parrot Drones reserves the right to refuse any order for which the Client fails to give an undertaking to comply with all applicable export control regulations
Liability and exclusions
41. The provisions contained in this article “Liability and exclusions” shall apply within the limitations of the applicable law and of possible public order provisions.
42. Parrot Drones cannot be held liable for any damage caused directly or indirectly by any equipment or component not purchased from Parrot Drones and used with the Products.
43. PARROT DRONES’ LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE CAUSED BY THE PRODUCTS IS ONLY APPLICABLE TO
(A) HAZARDS TO LIFE, PHYSICAL INTEGRITY OR HEALTH CAUSED BY A FAULTY PRODUCT; AND
(B) ANY OTHER KINDS OF DAMAGE, ONLY IN THE EVENT OF WILFUL MISCONDUCT OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE.
ANY LIABILITY FOR MATERIAL OR IMMATERIAL DAMAGE, (WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT) AS WELL AS FOR EXPENSES CAUSED IN VAIN, IS EXCLUDED, INCLUDING CASES OF SIMPLE NEGLIGENCE. THE TERM “IMMATERIAL DAMAGE” REFERS TO ANY DAMAGE WHICH IS NEITHER PROPERTY DAMAGE NOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY.THE LIABILITY OF PARROT DRONES WILL ONLY SUBSIST IN RESPECT OF A VIOLATION OF THE ESSENTIAL OBLIGATIONS UNDER THE PRESENT CONDITIONS OF SALE.
44. Parrot Drones’ liability is excluded in the event of the impossibility for the Client to place an order due to the unavailability of the Site or, if the acceptance of an order is interrupted, in the event that the Product is unavailable when the connection is re-established.
45. Parrot Drones is not liable for any loss of data that may have been stored during the use of the Products, in particular when the Product is exchanged or repaired. It is the Client’s responsibility to regularly back up the data stored in the Products.
46. Parrot Drones cannot be held liable in any manner whatsoever for any damage resulting from or arising out of a professional activity. In no event shall Parrot Drones be held liable for any damage resulting from or arising out of any wrongful use by a Professional of the Product.
47. These conditions of sale do not affect the legal provisions relating to liability for defective products, or any other compulsory legal provision.
48. Parrot Drones is and remains the owner of all intellectual property rights relating to the Products and no provision of these conditions of sale may be construed as assigning any intellectual property rights, to the benefit of the Client or any third party.
49. Products, as well as their packaging, are sold under the Parrot trademark or under a trademark belonging to the Parrot group.
50. Parrot SA is and remains the owner of the Parrot trademark and logo and of any trademark or logo belonging to it.
51. Client's personal data that are collected in the course of the purchase of a Product on the Site are used only for the purpose of executing the order.
52. These data are processed in compliance with French and European legislation relating to the protection of personal data. In accordance with those legislations, the Client has a right to access, rectify and delete his or her personal data. Under certain conditions, the Client also has the right to limit or oppose the processing of their personal data.
53. For further information, and/or to exercise his/her rights, the Client is invited to refer to the page dedicated to the collection and processing of personal data on the Site.
54. The Client is responsible of deleting the personal data of its Product before any return to the after sales service of Parrot Drones.
Applicable Law – Language of the conditions of sale
55. Parrot Drones SAS is a company incorporated under French law. Clients who place orders via the Site purchase the Products in France. The present conditions of sales are governed by French law.
56. These conditions of sale have been written in French (France). In the event of divergence between a translated version and the French version, the latter shall prevail.
57. In the event of any problem resulting from or arising out of an order or the delivery of the Products, the Client shall, before taking any action, seek for an amicable settlement, and in particular in the case of a Consumer, with the help of a consumers’ association or any advisor of his or her choice.
58. Pursuant to the terms of Article 14 of (EU) Regulation no. 524/2013, the European Commission has set up an online Disputes Settlement platform, which facilitates the independent online out-of-Court settlement of disputes between consumers and professionals of the European Union. This platform can be accessed from the following address: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/
59. In the event of disputes with Professionals, the courts for the head office of Parrot Drones shall have jurisdiction.
Last updated on 8th of June 2023
– Annexe 1 –
CONSUMER CANCELLATION FORM
If you wish to cancel your order, you can exercise your right to cancellation by completing a cancellation form at https://support.parrot.com/fr/support/hotline in the “Parrot Shops” section or by completing any other declaration devoid of ambiguity and sending it to Parrot Drones SAS under "Customer Service" https://support.parrot.com/fr/support/hotline on the www.parrot.com website. If you do not wish to use the "Customer Service" online, you can complete this form and return it to the address shown.
For the attention of: Parrot Drones SAS, Service Après-Vente, 174 quai de Jemmapes, 75010 Paris, France
I/we(*) hereby notify you(*) of my/our(*) decision to cancel the order of the product(s) stated below:
Ordered on(*)/received on(*) :……………………………………………