"PARROT STORE" CONDITIONS OF SALE
- These conditions of sale govern the sale of Parrot products (the "Products") placed through the Parrot Store website (“Site”) between PARROT DRONES SAS, (Société par Actions Simplifiée) with capital of 59 537 825,00 EUR, whose head office is at 174, quai de Jemmapes, Paris (75010), France, registered in the trade register of Paris under the No.808 408 074, Intra-Community VAT No. FR67808408074 ("Parrot Drones") and the non-professional end-user (“Consumer”) or the professional buying the Products for his internal commercial activities (“Professional”), the Consumer and the Professional being hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Client”.
- The sale of Products to professionals for their reselling activity (distributors, wholesalers, retailers, pure players) is governed by specific terms and conditions of sale.
- The purchase by a Client of a Product on the Site implies the Client's adherence without reservation to these conditions of sale.
Prices – Conditions of payment
- Products are invoiced at the tariff in force on the date of the order. Prices displayed on the Site include the VAT in force. The prices displayed do not include possible duties and taxes that may be claimed by the customs authorities in the country in which the order is delivered.
- Delivery charges are indicated before the order is placed and, depending on the Products and/or the amount of the order, are either invoiced additionally or borne by Parrot Drones, as indicated before the order is placed.
- Payment of the order is made online by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express), or via the Paypal system.
- The prices indicated for Products belonging to the hands-free and Asteroid kit ranges do not include the installation of the said Products. The installation of such Products can be purchased separately from a professional trader.
- Products remain the property of Parrot Drones until the complete price has been paid. The Client is reminded that, as soon as he or she takes physical possession of the Products ordered, the risks of loss or damage of the Products are transferred to him or her.
- The Client may benefit from discount codes. The Client shall respect their conditions of use. Multiple discount codes may never be used cumulatively for a single order.
Orders and Deliveries
10. When the Client places an order to purchase a Product, he or she is deemed to have accepted the Product’s price. The contract of sale of a Product is effective upon confirmation of the order by Parrot Drones, subject to the payment by the Client of the price of the Product in accordance with the provisions above and in compliance with the provisions of article 9 of these general conditions of sale.
11. The Client is asked carefully to complete the fields concerning his or her identification, the invoicing address and the delivery address.
12. No delivery can be made to a country other than those authorized on the site from which the order is placed.
13. The invoicing and delivery addresses may be different.
14. No delivery will be made until the payment has been validated.
15. Depending on the delivery address, deliveries are made by the Parrot Drones carrier from the Parrot Drones storage site in France within 1 to 5 working days. To track his or her order, the Client is invited to use the tracking number and the link that he or she will receive by electronic mail when the package is sent.
16. The Client may cancel an order before the package has been sent, by making such a request under "Customer Service" on the Site.
17. If a package is damaged on delivery, the Client must refuse the parcel, tell the carrier of his or her reservations, and contact Parrot Drones under "Customer Service" on the Site.
18. If the Product delivered is not the one that was ordered, the Client must return the said Product, using the return note and the prepaid transport voucher provided by Parrot Drones at the Client's request under "Customer Service" on the Site. The Product must be returned in its original packaging with all its accessories and documentation, intact and in an “as new” condition.
19. If the delivery address is erroneous, Parrot Drones will contact the Client to obtain the correct address. If the Client cannot be contacted, the Parrot Drones carrier will return the package to Parrot Drones. Where appropriate, the amount previously collected by Parrot Drones for the order will be reimbursed to the Client within 5 working days counting from the receipt of the package by Parrot Drones.
Legal cancellation Right
20. The Consumer may cancel his or her order without stating any reason within fourteen (14) days. The cancellation right’s period expires fourteen (14) days after the day on which the Consumer, or a third party other than the carrier and designated by the Consumer, takes physical possession of the package or, if the order was delivered in several packages, after the day on which the Consumer takes physical possession of the last package.
In order to exercise his or her cancellation right, the Consumer must notify Parrot Drones (Parrot Drones SAS – 174, quai de Jemmapes, 75010 Paris, France – Telephone: +33 (0)1 48 03 60 69) of his or her decision to cancel his or her order by means of a declaration devoid of ambiguity (for example, by a letter sent by post). The Consumer may use the model cancellation form attached to these conditions of sale, but this is not mandatory. The Consumer may also complete and send to Parrot Drones the model cancellation form or any other declaration devoid of ambiguity via the "Customer Service" heading on the Site. If the Consumer uses this option, Parrot Drones will send without delay an acknowledgement of receipt of the cancellation by electronic mail.
For the cancellation right’s period to be respected, it is sufficient for the Consumer to send his or her request for cancellation before the cancellation right’s period expires.
21. If the Consumer cancels, Parrot Drones will reimburse all payments received from the Consumer, including delivery charges (with the exception of supplementary fees resulting from the fact that the Consumer had chosen, where appropriate, a mode of delivery other than the least costly standard mode of delivery offered by Parrot Drones) without excessive delay and, in all circumstances, by not later than fourteen (14) days from the day on which Parrot Drones is informed of the Consumer's decision to cancel. Parrot Drones will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as that used by the Consumer for the initial transaction, unless the Consumer expressly agrees to a different means; in any case, this reimbursement will not occasion any fees for the Consumer. Parrot Drones may postpone reimbursement until Parrot Drones has received the Product concerned or until the Consumer has provided proof of dispatch of the Product, the key date being whichever of these comes first.
22. The Consumer must return the Product or Products concerned to Parrot Drones without excessive delay and, in any case, not later than fourteen (14) days after communicating his or her decision to cancel his or her order. This period is considered as having been respected if the Consumer returns the Product or Products concerned before the expiry of the period of fourteen (14) days. The Product must be returned in its original packaging with all its accessories and documentation, intact and in an “as new” condition.
Parrot Drones shall bear the fees for the return of the Product or Products concerned. For this purpose, the Consumer must return the Product or Products concerned using the return note and the prepaid transport voucher provided by Parrot Drones via the "Customer Service" on the Site.
The Consumer may also refuse the delivery directly to the carrier at the time of delivery of the package and advise Parrot Drones of his or her decision to cancel the order in accordance with the provisions indicated in article 20 of these conditions of sale.
The Consumer is liable only for the depreciation of the Product or Products concerned resulting from handling other than that necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and correct operation of the Product or Products concerned.
23. Notwithstanding the above, and within the limits set by law and any public order measures in force, the Consumer may not exercise his or her right to cancel the order for any software sold with a Product after the software has been activated using the product key supplied with the Product.
24. Articles 20 to 23 apply to a Professional not employing more than five (5) salaried employees and for whom the order does not come within the field of his principal activity.
Our policy for returns within 30 days
25. Without prejudice to the rights that are recognized by the law, the Consumer has a period of thirty (30) days from the receipt of his order to report to Parrot Drones that he wishes to return any Product ordered via the Site for any reason. For this, the Consumer shall contact Parrot Drones via the "Customer Service" section of the Site. Parrot Drones will immediately send an acknowledgment of receipt of the return request by email.
26. The Consumer must return the Product concerned to Parrot Drones without excessive delay and, in any case, not later than eight (8) days after the Consumer has communicated his or her decision to return the Product. The Product must be returned in its original packaging with all its accessories and documentation, intact and in an “as new” condition.
27. Parrot Drones will reimburse all payments received from the Consumer, including delivery charges (with the exception of supplementary fees resulting from the fact that the Consumer had chosen, where appropriate, a mode of delivery other than the least costly standard mode of delivery offered by Parrot Drones) after receipt of the Product. Parrot Drones will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as that used by the Consumer for the initial transaction, unless the Consumer expressly agrees to a different means;
30. Without prejudice to the application of the legal rights against faulty goods and of the guarantee against hidden defects referred to above, Products are contractually guaranteed for parts and labour against any non-compliance or defect in operation for a period of twenty-four (24) months counting from the date of purchase by the Consumer, the invoice date being definitive (with the exception of wearing parts – batteries, for example, which are guaranteed for six (6) months).
31. The commercial guarantee is excluded for the following defects and damage:
- damage consequent on improper use or poor handling, incorrect use, a modification or deterioration of the product caused by a fall or accidental impact, defective installation, humidity, inadequate temperature, oxidation, the ingress of liquid, dust, sand, breakage, a fall, or the use of inappropriate electrical current,
- defects due to the installation of spare parts not in compliance with the recommendations and instructions provided by Parrot Drones in its notice to the user or on the site www.Parrot.com, or the customization of the product by the user,
- defects due to a repair made by the user or by an unauthorized third party, apart from an exchange of spare parts provided by Parrot Drones,
- defects due to any cause other than a defect in materials or manufacture,
- a progressive weakening over time of the capacity of the Parrot rechargeable battery (where appropriate) which does not constitute a defect in materials or manufacture of the product.
- any use of spare parts not approved and/or software not developed by Parrot Drones,
- products returned incomplete or partially repaired, or those whose serial number has been removed,
- the replacement of components due to normal wear and tear,
- software and its updates (check the site www.parrot.com for user update procedures),
- the modification of a product made necessary for compliance with the standards or technical and safety specifications special to a country or with any specification that has changed since the purchase of the product; or any damage resulting from the non-compliance of a product with the standards or specification in force in a country other than the country of purchase,
- any inadequate packaging at the time of the return of the product to the Parrot Drones logistical centre,
- any accident or natural disaster outside the control of Parrot Drones, including but not restricted to lightning, water, fire, public disorders and inappropriate ventilation,
- any installation or service associated with the installation or uninstallation of the Product.
32. In the event of failure, the Consumer is asked to contact the Parrot Drones’ Customer Service from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday on +33 (0)1 48 03 60 69 (local number not subject to extra charges), or on www.Parrot.com/hotline to verify whether the defect is accepted under the guarantee.
If the defect is accepted under the commercial guarantee, the Consumer will be told about the return procedure.
A Product is considered to be defective within the meaning of the present commercial guarantee if the defect reported by the Consumer is confirmed by Parrot Drones with reference to the conditions of normal use.
33. The commercial guarantee is expressly limited to free replacement of Products or parts acknowledged as defective by Parrot Drones, to the exclusion of any compensation for any cause whatsoever, in particular for loss and damage of any kind. Products may be replaced with refurbished Products or spare parts.
34. Replacements made on the basis of the commercial guarantee cannot have the effect of prolonging the initial duration of that commercial guarantee, except in the event of immobilization of the defective Product for more than seven (7) calendar days.
35. Products or parts replaced under the guarantee become the property of Parrot Drones.
36. If a failure is not accepted under the commercial guarantee, a repair service subject to payment may be offered if an estimate is accepted.
37. The partial or total inability to use the Products, particularly due to non-compatibility of the equipment, shall not give rise to any compensation, reimbursement or claim under the liability of Parrot Drones,
Liability and Exclusions
38. The provisions contained in this article “Liability and Exclusions” shall apply within the limitations of the applicable law and of possible public order provisions.
39. Parrot Drones cannot be held liable for any damage caused directly or indirectly by any equipment or component not purchased from Parrot Drones and used with the Products.
40. PARROT DRONES’ LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE CAUSED BY THE PRODUCTS IS ONLY APPLICABLE TO:
(A) HAZARDS TO LIFE, PHYSICAL INTEGRITY OR HEALTH CAUSED BY A FAULTY PRODUCT; AND
(B) ANY OTHER KINDS OF DAMAGE, ONLY IN THE EVENT OF WILFUL MISCONDUCT OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE.
ANY LIABILITY FOR MATERIAL OR IMMATERIAL DAMAGE, (WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT) AS WELL AS FOR EXPENSES CAUSED IN VAIN, IS EXCLUDED, INCLUDING CASES OF SIMPLE NEGLIGENCE. THE TERM “immaterial damage” refers to any damage which IS neither property damage nor DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY.THE LIABILITY OF PARROT DRONES WILL ONLY SUBSIST IN RESPECT OF A VIOLATION OF THE ESSENTIAL OBLIGATIONS UNDER THE PRESENT CONDITIONS OF SALE.
41. Parrot Drones’ liability is excluded in the event of the impossibility for the Client to place an order due to the unavailability of the Site or, if the acceptance of an order is interrupted, in the event that the Product is unavailable when the connection is re-established.
42. Parrot Drones is not liable for any loss of data that may have been stored during the use of the Products, in particular when the Product is exchanged or repaired. It is the Client’s responsibility to regularly back up the data stored in the Products.
43. Parrot Drones cannot be held liable in any manner whatsoever for any damage resulting from or arising out of a professional activity. In no event shall Parrot Drones be held liable for any damage resulting from or arising out of any wrongful use by a Professional of the Product.
44. These conditions of sale do not affect the legal provisions relating to liability for defective products, or any other compulsory legal provision.
45. Parrot Drones is and remains the owner of all intellectual property rights relating to the Products and no provision of these conditions of sale may be construed as assigning any intellectual property rights, to the benefit of the Client or any third party.
46. Products, as well as their packaging, are sold under the Parrot trademark or under a trademark belonging to the Parrot group.
47. Parrot SA is and remains the owner of the Parrot trademark and logo and of any trademark or logo belonging to it.
48. Client's personal data that are collected in the course of the purchase of a Product on the Site are used only for the purposes of executing the order, performing satisfaction surveys, and sending of newsletters (subject to the Client's acceptance).
49. These data are processed in compliance with French and European legislation relating to the protection of personal data.
50. In accordance with those legislations, the Client has a right to access, rectify and delete his or her personal data at any time by sending his or her request under "Customer Service" on the Site by complying with the applicable provisions.
Applicable Law – Language of the conditions of sale
51. Parrot Drones SAS is a company incorporated under French law. Clients who place orders via the Site purchase the Products in France. The present conditions of sales are governed by French law.
52. These conditions of sale have been written in French (France). In the event of divergence between a translated version and the French version, the latter shall prevail.
53. In the event of any problem resulting from or arising out of an order or the delivery of the Products, the Client shall, before taking any action, seek for an amicable settlement, and in particular in the case of a Consumer, with the help of a consumers’ association or any advisor of his or her choice.
54. Pursuant to the terms of Article 14 of (EU) Regulation no. 524/2013, the European Commission has set up an online Disputes Settlement platform, which facilitates the independent online out-of-Court settlement of disputes between consumers and professionals of the European Union. This platform can be accessed from the following address: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/
55. In the event of disputes with Professionals, the courts for the head office of Parrot Drones shall have jurisdiction.
Last updated on 15 December 2017
– Annexe 1 –
If you wish to cancel your order, you can exercise your cancellation right by completing the present cancellation form or any all other declaration devoid of ambiguity and sending it to Parrot Drones SAS under "Customer Service" on the Site. If you do not wish to use the "Customer Service" online, you can complete this form and return it to the address shown.
For the attention of: Parrot Drones SAS, Service Après-Vente, 174 quai de Jemmapes, 75010 Paris, France
I/we(*) hereby notify you(*) of my/our(*) decision to cancel the order of the product(s) stated below:
Ordered on(*)/received on(*) :……………………………………………………………………………….
Your name(s): ………………………………………………………………………………………………..
– Annexe 2 –
Legal RIGHTS AGAINST FAULTY GOODS
Article L.217-4 of the French consumer Code
The vendor is obliged to deliver a good conform to the contract and is answerable for any lack of compliance existing on its delivery.
The vendor is also answerable for failures of compliance resulting from the packaging, installation instructions or the installation if the latter was made his responsibility by the contract or was effected under his responsibility.
Article L.217-5 of the French consumer Code
In order to comply with the contract, the good must:
1° Be suitable for the use normally expected of a similar good and, where appropriate:
- correspond to the description given by the vendor and possess the qualities that the latter has presented to the purchaser in the form of a sample or model;
- display the qualities that a buyer may legitimately expect, having regard to the public declarations made by the vendor, by the producer, or by his representative, in advertisements or labelling in particular;
2° Or display the characteristics defined jointly by the parties or be suitable for any special use sought-by the purchaser, made known to the vendor and accepted by the latter.
Article L.217-9 of the French Consumer Code
In the event of a default of compliance, the buyer may choose between the repair and the replacement of the property.
However, the vendor may not proceed in accordance with the choice of the buyer if this implies a manifestly disproportionate cost compared with the other option, having regard to the value of the property or the importance of the default. He is then obliged to proceed in accordance with the option not chosen by the buyer, unless this is impossible.
Article L.217-12 of the French consumer Code
Any action consequent on a failure of compliance is limited to two years counting from the delivery of the good.
Guarantee against hidden defects
Article 1641 of the French Civil Code
The vendor is liable under the guarantee against hidden faults in the good sold that make it unsuitable for the use for which it is intended, or that so diminish this use that the purchaser would not have purchased it, or would only have given a lower price, if he or she had known of them.
Article 1643 of the French Civil Code
He is required to guarantee against hidden defects, even if he was unaware of them, unless he had stipulated in this case that he would not be obliged to give any guarantee.
Article 1644 of the French Civil Code
In the case of articles 1641 and 1643, the buyer may choose to return the object and have the price returned to him, or to retain the object and have part of the price, as arbitrated by experts, returned to him.
Article 1648 1st indent of the French Civil Code
An action resulting from hidden defects must be initiated by the purchaser within two years of discovering the defect.
 (*) Cross out where inapplicable
FINALLY A COMMUNITY THAT SUITS YOU
Find everything you need in your own personal space and keep in touch with us. Regardless of your needs, we are here to accompany you.