- Compact, foldable, and light
- Cutting edge aerodynamics
- Certified IP53
Flight ready in 55 sec
Zero no fly zone limitation
- Hand launchable and hand recoverable
- Zero no flight zone limitation
- Ultra-lightweight: 501 g
- Folded (228x101x76 mm), ANAFI USA is ultraportable
- Functions in IP53 conditions for at least 32 minutes, a full battery flight
- No NFZ (no fly zone)
|Unfolded (L x l x h)||282x373x84 mm|
|Folded (L x l x h)||246x104x82 mm|
|From case to flight||55 seconds|
|Operating temperature range||-35 °C/43 °C|
|Protection against solids/liquids||IP53|
Compact and lightweight, ANAFI USA weighs 501 g for a 1.7-liter volume. ANAFI USA can be transported in a backpack or a case.
ANAFI USA is the most compact drone of its category on the enterprise and military segments. ANAFI USA unfolds in 3 seconds. Its propeller blades system reduces its clutter, contrary to fixed pitch propellers.
Propeller replacement requires no tool: they just screw in the direction opposite to that of the rotation of motors, without risk of losing small mobile parts.
The mechanical structure of ANAFI USA is mainly made of polyamid, reinforced with carbon fiber and streamlined using hollow glass beads.
ANAFI USA motors are protected from dust, sand and rain by lateral vent-equipped covers, that enable the dispelling of heat.
ANAFI USA’s vertical camera and ultrasonar are protected from the rain by a collar which shelters both sensors.
ANAFI USA has passed the following tests:
- IPX3 (CEI 60529 norm): Rain resistant in IPX3 (10 liters/min) for the time of one battery charge (32 minutes) at least.
- IP5X: Dust resistant for at least 32 minutes (CEI 60529).
- Damp heat (+40 °C and 93 % hygrometry) for 16 h (NF EN 60068-2-78)
- Dry heat (+50 °C) for 16h (NF EN 60068-2-2)
- Thermal shock: 20 1-hour cycles at -36 °C and +43 °C (NF EN 60068-2-14)
- Extreme temperatures: -20 °C and +70 °C for 4 h (NF EN 60068-2-1 & NF EN 60068-2-2)
- Low temperatures: -36 °C for 16 h (NF EN 60068-2-1)
- 92 flight continuous flight hours at ambient temperature, without mechanical wear
- ANAFI USA is functional after 18 falls (3 on each side) on concrete, from 1 meter high
- The blades of ANAFI USA’s propellers have been conceived by biomimicry: they are inspired by the knobs of the anterior edge of the pectoral fins of humpback whales.
- Each propeller, consisting in two blades, is simply screwed on.
- From a flight perspective, ANAFI USA outperforms drones which are 1.5 times heavier and twice as cumbersome.
The advantages of “humpback whale blades”
1. The conception of the blade minimizes the transitory separation of the boundary-layer for each blade, to:
- recover thrust at constant motor rotation speed (rpm) – or alternatively to keep thrust while lowering the motor speed;
- minimize the sensitivity of the raising of mechanical power when blades twist.
Therefore, with a lower rotation speed for a higher engine torque, ANAFI USA emulates a rotor whose power is higher than the theoretical capacity of its diameter.
2. The tonal sound power of the anterior edge of the blade, is minimized, lowering the noise of the flight.
- ANAFI USA motors are powerful (46 W) with a 70 % yield (mechanical power divided by electrical power) when hovering; they have been conceived to optimize the blades’ characteristics on the whole flight range.
- ANAFI USA has the best weight/flight time ratio of the industry: its 32 minutes flight time, its low weight (501 g) and the high yield of its conversion chain enable the drone to fly fast (54 km/h) and far (theoretical outreach: 17,4 km at 40,6 km/h).
- Wind resistance: 54 km/h
- Sound power: 79 dB
Parrot Skycontroller USA
- Size: 12.3 x 8.2 x 2.8 in / 313 x 208 x 72 mm
- Size with optional Microhard: 12 x 10.2 x 6.8 in / 313 x 208 x 173 mm
- Weight: 2.76 lbs. / 1,25 kg
- Transmission system: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n (Wi-Fi beacon)
- Operating frequencies: 2.4 - 5.8 GHz
- Max. transmission distance: 4 km / 2.48 mi
- Resolution of live video feed: HD 720p
- Charges 2h for 4h30 use
- Based on the Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2019) tablet
- IP53: dust and rain resistant
RTSP Video Stream Sharing
The screen of the Skycontroller USA can be easily shared, via RTSP protocol, to a VLC-equipped PC, with an RJ45 (Ethernet) cable.
Similarly, the stream can be shared using the open command line tool FFmpeg.
|Wind resistance||14,7 m/s|
|Flight time||32 min|
|Max climb rate||4 m/s|
|Max rate of descent||4 m/s|
|Service ceiling||6 000 m (MSL)|
|Theoretical outreach||17.4 km|
|Max angular speed||300 °/s|
Fly by coordinates
ANAFI USA features a fly-by-coordinates function which allows you to instantly display, reuse and share any coordinates in the surroundings of your drone – or indeed the GPS position of your drone itself. This is especially useful to precisely locate any point of interest or person ANAFI USA has detected.
- Parrot is ISO9001 certified.
- Every drone is controlled on a production bench (FVT).
- Bench #2: IMU thermal calibration plus barometer and magnetometer test.
- Bench #3: IMU & magnetometer dynamic calibration.
- Bench #4: motor disturbance measure on the magnetometer.
- Bench #5: ultrasound test.
- Flight test: every drone performs a flight test at the end of the production process: take-off, hovering, landing.
Numerous durability tests are performed during our development cycles. These take the form of a quest for the optimal drone size.