It is important to update your drone with each new version. Why? Because this prevents computer bugs and further improves the performance of your BEBOP 2 FPV.
How to update my BEBOP 2 FPV
First, identify the version number installed on your drone using the FreeFlight Pro app. Press Fly and Film, followed by
The version number of Parrot Bebop 2 FPV is shown in the general information.
There are 2 possible update procedures, as follows:
- Using the FreeFlight Pro app (recommended)
- Via USB
How to update your BEBOP 2 FPV with the FreeFlight Pro app
Note: The FreeFlight Pro app must have been connected at least once to the drone to scan for updates.
1. Connect your BEBOP 2 FPV drone to your smartphone.
2. On your smartphone, open the FreeFlight Pro app.
3. Make sure the FreeFlight Pro app has detected the BEBOP 2 FPV drone.
4. In the FreeFlight Pro app, press Update.
> The app searches for the updates for the drone.
5. If the app finds an update file, select the new version of the firmware
and Press OK.
> The app downloads the update file. Once downloaded, a pop-up window appears informing you that the drone will restart.
6. Press EXIT.
> The drone automatically restarts during the installation of the update. It may take several minutes.
Once the update is complete, the FreeFlight Pro app automatically restarts.
How to update your BEBOP 2 FPV with a USB cable
To update Parrot Bebop 2 with a USB cable, use:
a micro USB stick
or a USB stick and a female USB/micro-USB cable
1. Connect your USB stick to a computer. Make sure that your USB drive is formatted to FAT32 and not NTFS and does not contain other plf files. The procedure for formatting a USB stick to FAT32 depends on your operating system. Formatting can usually be performed by right-clicking the drive corresponding to the USB drive.
2. Download the update file provided. To do this, click Update in the DOWNLOADS box located at the top right of this page. The file downloaded in .plf format corresponds to the update file to be installed on your Parrot Bebop 2 FPV.
3. Copy the file to the root directory on your USB key without putting it in a folder. Do not rename the file.
4. Connect the key to the micro-USB port on the back of Parrot Bebop 2 FPV.
> The update launches automatically. Parrot Bebop 2 FPV restarts.
Check out the latest software updates available for Parrot Bebop 2 FPV.