Two of ANAFI USA’s main assets are its gimbal tilt control capabilities (180°, nadir to zenith), and its 32x zoom. This section presents these features and the way to activate them.
Gimbal tilt control
ANAFI USA’s gimbal tilt control is activated through the left trigger of Parrot Skycontroller 3. It is available in all video and photo modes, and in all manual piloting modes.
- To aim the gimbal toward the ground, push the tilt control trigger down.
- To aim the gimbal toward the sky, pull the tilt control trigger up.
- To reset the gimbal tilt to a horizontal position, press the optics reset button on the left of Parrot Skycontroller 3 (this action also resets the zoom factor of the lens to 1x).
ANAFI USA’s zoom control is activated through the right trigger of Parrot Skycontroller 3. It is available in all video modes, and in JPEG RECT photo mode (with an impact on the final resolution of your pictures). WIDE photo modes imply the use and rendering of all 21MP delivered by ANAFI USA’s CMOS sensors: zoom is deactivated in both WIDE photo modes.
- To zoom in on a subject, push the zoom trigger down.
- To zoom out, pull the zoom trigger up.
- Pressing the optics reset button on the left of Parrot Skycontroller 3 instantly resets the zoom factor of the lens to 1x (this action also resets the gimbal tilt to a horizontal position).
The HUD of FreeFlight 6 presents precise, decimal-by-decimal zoom information at all times, in the middle of the left side of the screen, as shown on the following screen captures.