It is important to update your drone with each new version. Why? Because this prevents computer bugs and further improves the performance of your Parrot Disco.
How to update my Parrot Disco with a smartphone
To update your Parrot Disco with a smartphone, follow the guide below:
1. Connect your smartphone to the internet.
2. Launch the FreeFlight Pro app.
3. Go to > Updates.
4. Select the new version and press Start. > The app downloads the update file.
5. Connect your smartphone to Parrot Disco's Wi-Fi® network.
6. Restart the FreeFlight Pro app.
7. Go to > Updates. > A pop-up window prompts you to install the update.
8. Press OK and wait until the installation is complete. > Parrot Disco automatically restarts.
9. Make sure the new version has actually been installed: in the FreeFlight Pro app, go to > Settings. The version number is shown in the general information.
How to update my Parrot Disco with a micro-USB stick
To update your Parrot Disco with a micro-USB stick, follow the guide below:
1. Connect your micro-USB stick (not provided) to a computer. Make sure that your flash drive does not contain any files in .plf format.
2. Go to Parrot Disco's support page on www.parrot.com and download the update file available in .plf format.
3. Copy this file to the root of your micro-USB stick.
4. Switch on Parrot Disco.
5. Connect the micro-USB stick to one of Parrot Disco's ports. > Parrot Disco automatically restarts and the light flashes yellow. Then, Parrot Disco restarts again.
6. Wait until Parrot Disco has completely restarted.
7. Disconnect the micro-USB stick > The update is complete