The Cameraman mode enables you to keep an object or a subject in the center of your frame, while you pilot your ANAFI series drone around it/him/her.
1. Frame the object or subject you want to film and fly around.
2. Tap the “PILOTING MODE” box in the bottom bar of the HUD to access the options. Tap “Cameraman” to select this piloting mode.
3. Draw a rectangle with your finger on the screen of your device, around the object or subject you want your ANAFI series drone to follow – or double tap this object or subject. When your target is locked, the blue rectangle turns to green and the orange “LAND” box at the center of the top bar of the HUD turns red and displays “STOP”. Your ANAFI series drone’s frame centers on your target, inside the green box.
4. Drag the green box to the area of the frame where you want your target to remain at.
5. Fly your ANAFI series drone around your target. The drone keeps your target in the part of the frame you have selected. Therefore, if you push the right joystick of the Parrot Skycontroller 3 to the left, your ANAFI series drone circles around your target clockwise. If you push the right joystick of the Parrot Skycontroller 3 to the right, your ANAFI series drone circles around your target counterclockwise.
6. When the Cameraman mode is activated, your ANAFI series drone manages the gimbal tilt to keep the target in the frame. Therefore, the left trigger of the Parrot Skycontroller 3 is deactivated in this mode. However, you can still control the zoom, with the right trigger.
When you release the commands in the Cameraman mode, your ANAFI series drone hovers and rotates to keep following the target.
To end the following of your target, tap the red “STOP” box at the center of the top bar of the HUD.
When no target is selected, or when the following of the target has been ended by the pilot, your ANAFI series drone’s behavior is similar to that of the Manual flight mode.
⚠ Activate and monitor the Cameraman mode with care: always check your flight plan and the trajectory of your subject are clear from obstacles and safe, always retain visual contact with your ANAFI series drone, and always be ready to stop the following (tap the “STOP” box of your HUD) in case a danger or any sort of unexpected obstacle arises.