“WWW.PARROT.COM” WEBSITE Terms and Conditions of Sale
- These Terms and Conditions govern the sale of Parrot products (the “Products”) placed through www.parrot.com website (the “Site”) between Parrot, Inc., a New York corporation ("Parrot", “us” or “we”) and the non-professional end-user (“Consumer”) or the professional buying the Products for his internal activities (“Professional”), the Consumer and the Professional being hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Client”. The sale of Products to professionals for their reselling activity (distributors, wholesalers, retailers, pure players) is governed by specific terms and conditions of sale. The purchase by the Client of a Product on the Site implies the Client’s adherence without reservation to these conditions of sale.
- In addition, when the Client uses any Parrot service, including placing an order for our Products through the Site, he or she will be subject to the rules, guidelines, policies, terms, and conditions applicable to such service, including, but not limited to, the term of use applicable to the Site (the “Term of Use”), and they are incorporated into this Agreement by this reference. Parrot reserves the right to change this Site and these Terms and Conditions at any time, in its sole discretion. These Terms and Conditions constitute the complete and exclusive agreement between the Client and Parrot pertaining to the Products identified in his or her order from the Site.
- This consent is effective until the Client withdraws it. The Client may withdraw his or her consent to electronic communication and delivery of documents or update his or her contact information at any time by sending an email to customer service. We will send to the Client a confirming notice once we have processed his or her change request.
Prices – Conditions of payment for Consumers
- Products are invoiced at the tariff in force on the date of the order. All prices for Products, including associated costs of shipping and tax, are shown in U.S. dollars. All prices are subject to change without notice, and the Consumer agrees that taxes may be adjusted from the amount shown on the payment screens. Several factors may cause this, such as changes in tax rates.
- Parrot currently accepts PayPal, Carte Bleu, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express for all orders placed by Consumer. By submitting his or her order, the Consumer represents and warrants that he or she is authorized to use the designated credit card and authorizes Parrot to charge his or her order (including taxes, shipping and handling) to that card. If the credit card cannot be verified, is invalid or is otherwise not acceptable, his or her order may be suspended or cancelled.
- The prices indicated for Products belonging to the hands-free and Asteroid kit ranges do not include the installation of the said Products. The installation of such Products can be purchased separately from a professional trader.
- Products remain the property of Parrot until the complete price has been paid. The Consumer is reminded that, as soon as he or she takes physical possession of the Products ordered, the risks of loss or damage of the Products are transferred to him or her.
- The Consumer may benefit from discount codes. The Consumer undertakes to respect their conditions of use. Multiple discount codes may never be used cumulatively for a single order.
Prices – Conditions of payment for Professionals
- The Professional may issue an estimate detailing their order at the time of placing the order. This estimate will include a period of validity, after which the prices will no longer be guaranteed by Parrot.
- Products are invoiced at the current rate on the date of the order.
- If an estimate has been issued by the Professional, the latter must send this signed estimate or an order form via the Site to enable Parrot to accept the order.
- Parrot currently accepts PayPal, Carte Bleu, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express for all orders placed by Professional. By submitting his or her order, the Professional represents and warrants that: (i) he or she is authorized to use the designated credit card and authorizes Parrot to charge his or her order (including taxes, shipping and handling) to that card, and (ii) warrants that he or she has the authority to act on behalf of his corporation. If the credit card cannot be verified, is invalid or is otherwise not acceptable, his or her order may be suspended or cancelled.
- Parrot may at its sole discretion authorize the Professional to pay on receipt of the invoice by transfer. Where the Professional obtains such authorisation from Parrot, the Professional must download the estimate from the Site and then upload the signed estimate, or the order form corresponding to this estimate to the Site when finalising their order.
- The Products remain the property of Parrot until the price has been paid in full. Please note that when the Professional physically takes possession of the Products ordered, the risks of loss or damage in respect of the Products are transferred to him or her.
- The Professional may benefit from discount codes. The Professional undertakes to respect their conditions of use. Under no circumstances may several discount codes be used cumulatively for the same order.
Credit Card Security
- The security of Client’s personal information is extremely important to Parrot. We use a wide array of electronic and physical security measures and devices to protect such personal data and credit card information from unauthorized access.
- Parrot does not collect or store any credit card numbers or other sensitive data on our servers. Any stored cards, or orders and Clients utilizing the Site are securely billed through a Chase Paymentech solution or such other PCI Compliant credit card gateway and processor as we select from time to time.
- Parrot do not collect sales or use taxes in all states within the United States. For states imposing sales or use taxes, Client’s purchase may be subject to such taxes. Client’s purchase is not exempt merely because it is made over the Internet or by other remote means. Many states require purchasers to file a sales/use tax return at the end of the year reporting all of the taxable purchases that were not taxed and to pay tax on those purchases. Details of how to file these returns may be found at the websites of Client’s respective taxing authorities. The Client agrees that he or she is solely responsible for any taxes lawfully imposed on his or her transaction with us.
- If Parrot is required by law to collect sales tax on orders shipped to the State, Province, Territory, or other applicable territorial entity corresponding to Client’s delivery address, the appropriate charge will be added to his or her merchandise total and displayed on his or her final order confirmation.
Orders and Deliveries for Consumers
- When the Consumer places an order, he or she is deemed to have accepted the Product’s price. The contract of sale of a Product is effective upon confirmation of the order by Parrot, subject to the payment by the Consumer of the price of the Product in accordance with the provisions above and in compliance with the provisions of article 9 of these general conditions of sale.
- All items are subject to availability and Parrot reserves the right to impose quantity limits on any order, to reject all or part of an order, and to discontinue Products without notice, even if the Consumer has already placed an order. If for some reason an item on Consumer’s order is out of stock, we will issue a full refund for such item
- The Consumer is asked carefully to complete the fields concerning his or her identification details, contact information, including the email address, the invoicing address and the delivery address.
- The invoicing and delivery addresses may be different.
- No delivery will be made until the payment or the order has been validated by Parrot.
- Shipment is made from Parrot’s warehouse located in the U.S.A., by an independent carrier, which carrier is not affiliated with, or controlled by, Parrot, when, in Parrot’s sole discretion, shipment is possible.
- All shipping charges are Consumer’s responsibility, unless waived by Parrot. The Consumer may incur extra shipping charges if the selected destination of the Product is located outside of the continental United States such as remote lands (e.g. Alaska, Hawaii). The Consumer cannot ship any Product purchased from the Site to any location outside of the United States of America or Canada.
- Shipping charges will be included on Consumer’s invoice and can be viewed prior to finalizing his or her order. The shipping charge shown during the checkout process is subject to verification. Shipping charges are subject to change without notice.
- All orders are shipped FOB shipping point. Title to Products purchased on the Site passes to Consumer when Parrot has received payment of the Products’ order. The risk of loss for such Products passes to Consumer when Parrot delivers these items to the carrier for shipment, and we are not responsible for any shipping delays or problems once the Product has been shipped.
- Upon shipment of the order, the Consumer will receive a confirmation email that will contain his or her order number, a shipment tracking number and a copy of the order receipt. Such receipt, in compliance with law, shall not display more than the last five (5) digits of the credit card used for his or her purchase, nor will it display the expiration date of the credit card used. To track his or her order, the Consumer is invited to use the tracking number and the link that he or she received by electronic mail when the package is sent.
- If a package is damaged on delivery, the Consumer must refuse the parcel, tell the carrier of his or her reservations, and contact Parrot under "Customer Service" on the Site. Parrot will give full credit after confirmation of the damage.
- If the Product delivered is not the one that was ordered, the Consumer must return the said Product within fourteen (14) days following his or her receipt of the shipment, using the return note and the prepaid transport voucher provided by Parrot at the Consumer’s request under "Customer Service" on the Site. The Product must be returned in its original packaging with all its accessories and documentation, intact and in an “as new” condition. Parrot will give full credit after receiving the parcel back.
- If the delivery address is erroneous, Parrot will contact the Consumer to obtain the correct address. If the Consumer cannot be contacted, Parrot’s carrier will return the package to Parrot. Parrot will give full credit (with the exception of shipping costs) after receiving the parcel back.
Orders and Deliveries for Professionals
- The order is deemed acceptance of the price of the Product. The sale is made upon order confirmation, subject to the payment of the Product by the Professional in accordance with the provisions above and in compliance with the provisions of article 16 of these general conditions of sale.
- All items are subject to availability and Parrot reserves the right to impose quantity limits on any order, to reject all or part of an order, and to discontinue Products without notice, even if the Professional has already placed an order. If for some reason an item on Professional’s order is out of stock, we will issue a full refund for such item
- The Professional is asked to carefully complete the fields concerning his or her identification and corporation details, contact information, including the email address, the invoicing address and the delivery address.
- No delivery can be made to a country other than those authorized on the site from which the order is placed.
- The invoicing and delivery addresses may be different.
- No delivery will be made until the payment has been validated, or until Parrot has approved the order form or signed estimate.
- Shipment is made from Parrot’s warehouse located in the U.S.A., by an independent carrier, which carrier is not affiliated with, or controlled by, Parrot, when, in Parrot’s sole discretion, shipment is possible.
- All shipping charges are Professional’s responsibility, unless waived by Parrot. The Professional may incur extra shipping charges if the selected destination of the Product is located outside of the continental United States such as remote lands (e.g. Alaska, Hawaii). The Professional cannot ship any Product purchased from the Site to any location outside of the United States of America or Canada.
- Shipping charges will be included on Professional’s invoice and can be viewed prior to finalizing his or her order. The shipping charge shown during the checkout process is subject to verification. Shipping charges are subject to change without notice.
- All orders are shipped FOB shipping point. Title to Products purchased on the Site passes to Professional when Parrot has received payment of the Products’ order. The risk of loss for such Products passes to Professional when Parrot delivers these items to the carrier for shipment, and we are not responsible for any shipping delays or problems once the Product has been shipped.
- Upon shipment of the order, the Professional will receive a confirmation email that will contain his or her order number, a shipment tracking number and a copy of the order receipt. Such receipt, in compliance with law, shall not display more than the last five (5) digits of the credit card used for his or her purchase, nor will it display the expiration date of the credit card used. To track his or her order, the Professional is invited to use the tracking number and the link that he or she received by electronic mail when the package is sent.
- The cancellation of an order is not possible once the order has been paid, estimate has been signed, or order form has been approved by Parrot.
- If a package is damaged on delivery, the Professional must refuse the parcel, tell the carrier of his or her reservations, and contact Parrot under the "Customer Service" section of the Site. Parrot will give full credit after confirmation of the damage.
- If the Product delivered is not the one that was ordered, the Professional must return the Product within fourteen (14) days following his or her receipt of the shipment, using the return form and the prepaid returns voucher provided by Parrot at the Professional’s request under the "Customer Service" section on the Site. The Product must be returned in its original packaging with all its accessories and documentation, intact and in an “as new” condition. Parrot will give full credit after receiving the parcel back.
- If the delivery address is erroneous, Parrot will contact the Professional to obtain the correct address. If the Professional cannot be contacted, Parrot’s carrier will return the package to Parrot. Where appropriate, the amount previously collected by Parrot for the order will be reimbursed to the Professional within 5 working days counting from the receipt of the package by Parrot. Parrot will give full credit (with the exception of shipping costs) after receiving the parcel back.
Consumer Cancellation Right
- The Consumer may cancel his or her order without stating any reason within thirty (30) days. The cancellation period expires thirty (30) days after the day on which the Consumer, or a third party other than the carrier and designated by the Consumer, takes physical possession of the package or, if the order was delivered in several packages, after the day on which the Consumer takes physical possession of the last package.
- In order to exercise his or her cancellation right, the Consumer must notify Parrot of his or her decision to cancel the order by any declaration devoid of ambiguity via the "Customer Service" section on the Site.
- If the Consumer cancels, Parrot will reimburse all payments received from the Consumer, including delivery charges (with the exception of supplementary fees resulting from the fact that the Consumer had chosen, where appropriate, a mode of delivery other than the least costly standard mode of delivery offered by Parrot) without excessive. Parrot will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as that used by the Consumer for the initial transaction, unless the Consumer expressly agrees to a different means. Parrot may postpone reimbursement until Parrot has received the Product.
- The Consumer must return the Product or Products concerned to Parrot without excessive delay. Each Product must be returned in its original packaging with all its accessories and documentation, intact and in an “as new” condition. The Product(s) must be identical to that/those listed on the return form provided by Parrot.
- Parrot does not bear the costs for the return of the Product(s) and does not assume any risk related to this return.
- The Consumer is liable only for the depreciation of the Product(s) concerned resulting from handling other than that necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and correct operation of the Product or Products concerned.
- Notwithstanding the above, and within the limits set by law and any public order measures in force, the Consumer may not exercise his or her right to cancel the order for any software sold with a Product after the software has been activated using the product key supplied with the Product.
- Parrot warrants that its Products are contractually guaranteed for parts and labor against any non-compliance or defect in operation for a period of twelve (12) months counting from the date of purchase by the Client (with the exception of wearing parts – batteries, for example, which are guaranteed for six (6) months).
- The warranty is excluded for any of the following defects and damage:
- damage consequent on improper use or bad handling, incorrect use, a modification or deterioration of the Product caused by a fall or accidental impact, the landing in an inadequate location, defective installation, a modification of the Product without Parrot prior consent, humidity, inadequate temperature, excessive pressure, strong wind, abrupt change of altitude, oxidation, the infiltration of liquid, dust, sand, breakage, a fall, or the use of inadequate voltage, loss of connection with the Product;
- damage resulting from failure to update the Product software;
- caused by misuse, negligence, abuse, misapplication, improper storage, or improper maintenance;
- defects due to the installation of spare parts not in compliance with the recommendations and instructions provided by Parrot in its user guide or on the Site, or the customization of the Product by the user;
- defects due to a repair made by the user or by an unauthorized third party, apart from the use of spare parts supplied by Parrot;
- defects due to any cause other than a defect in design, materials or workmanship;
- a progressive weakening over time of the capacity of the Parrot rechargeable battery (where appropriate) which does not constitute a defect in design, materials or workmanship of the Product;
- due to the use of spare parts not supplied in the original packaging;
- due to the use of spare parts not approved or supplied and/or software not developed by Parrot;
- Products returned incomplete or partially repaired, or those whose serial number has been removed;
- caused by normal wear and tear;
- software and its updates (check the Site for user update procedures);
- the modification of a Product made necessary for compliance with the standards or technical and safety specifications special to a country or with any specification that has changed since the purchase of the Product; or any damage resulting from the non-compliance of a Product with the standards or specification in force in a country other than the country of purchase;
- any collateral damages due or linked to a defective operation of the Product, warranty applying only to the Product itself;
- any inadequate packaging at the time of the return of the Product to Parrot’s logistical centre;
- any accident or natural disaster outside Parrot’s control, including but not restricted to lightning, water, fire, public disorders and inappropriate ventilation; and
- any installation or service associated with the installation or uninstallation of the Product.
- ANY IMPROPER INSTALLATION OR ASSEMBLY OF OUR PRODUCT BY THE CLIENT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT FOR WHICH A RETURN OR EXCHANGE IS POSSIBLE. PLEASE FOLLOW ALL INSTALLATION AND ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED WITH OUR PRODUCT.
- In the event of failure, the Client is asked to contact the Parrot’ Customer Service by phone at 1-877-9 Parrot (1- 877-972-7768) Monday to Friday from 7am to 5pm PT, or by email via www.parrot.com/support/hotline to verify whether the defect is accepted under the warranty. The Client shall communicate to the Customer Service his or her contact details, the order number, the name and quantity of items concerned, and the reason for the return.
If the defect is accepted under the warranty, the Client will be told about the return procedure.
A Product is considered to be defective within the meaning of the present warranty if the defect reported by the Client is confirmed by Parrot with reference to the conditions of normal use.
- The warranty is expressly limited to the purchase price of Products or the free replacement of Products or parts acknowledged as defective by Parrot, to the exclusion of any compensation for any cause whatsoever, in particular for loss and damage of any kind. Products may be replaced with refurbished Products or spare parts.
- Replacements made on the basis of the warranty cannot have the effect of prolonging the initial duration of that warranty.
- Products or parts replaced under the warranty become the property of Parrot.
- If we determine after inspection that the Product(s) is not covered by the warranty, it will be returned to the Client at his or her sole cost and expense. A repair service subject to payment may be offered if an estimate is accepted.
- The partial or total inability to use the Products, particularly due to non-compatibility of the equipment, shall not give rise to any compensation, reimbursement or claim under the liability of Parrot,
- THIS IS THE ONLY WARRANTY THE CLIENT GETS FROM PARROT RELATING TO THE PRODUCT(S) HE OR SHE PURCHASES FROM THE SITE. PARROT MAKES NO OTHER, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER IN WRITING, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY WARRANTY ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH ABOVE, PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED BY PARROT "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
Indemnification, Release, Limitation of Liability and Exclusions
- The Client agrees to indemnify Parrot and its officers, directors, managers, members, employees, agents, distributors, partners and affiliates (the “Parrot Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all third-party claims, demands, liabilities, costs, or expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, that arise from his or her misuse of the Product(s) purchased on the Site or his or her activities or omissions in connection with said Product(s) or use of the Site, including, but not limited to, Client’s violation of these Terms and Conditions or Client’s violation of any other applicable law or regulation that governs the use of the Product(s) or the Site by the Client.
- THE CLIENT AGREES TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS PARROT INDEMNIFIED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION, SUITS, CHARGES AND LIABILITIES ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH HIS OR HER USE OF THE SITE, HIS OR HER USE AND/OR MISUSE OF THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PURCHASED THROUGH THE SITE AND THE CONSEQUENCES OF THE SAME (THE “CLAIMS”). THE CLIENT FURTHER AGREES THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY SUCH CLAIMS EXCEED THE AMOUNT THAT HE OR SHE ACTUALLY PAID FOR THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PURCHASED THROUGH THE SITE.THE CLIENT FURTHER AGREES THAT PARROT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO HIM OR HER IN ANY MANNER AS A RESULT OF AN OUTAGE OR OTHER DISRUPTION ON THE SITE.
- FURTHER, PARROT INDEMNIFIED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, OR CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN.TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PARROT’S LIABILITY FOR CLAIMS AND LIABILITIES, INCLUDING OBLIGATIONS UNDER ANY INDEMNITY, WHETHER OR NOT INSURED, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID FOR THE PRODUCT(S) PURCHASED FROM THE SITE GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIM.
- The Client hereby acknowledges and agrees that in order to operate certain of our Products sold on the Site, he or she must has cellular phone, a smartphone, a tablet, or other Bluetooth device (“Personal Device”), which Personal Device is not sold together with our Product. The Client is responsible for purchasing from a third party and maintaining his or her Personal Device, including paying for any data plan for his or her Personal Device, and the failure on Client’s part to do so, thereby resulting in his or her inability to operate our Product as intended, does not constitute any defect in our Product for which he or she has a warranty claim under these Terms and Conditions. The Client is also responsible for downloading any of our applications from an unaffiliated third party online application store if such application is to be used in connection with our Products. PARROT SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY APPLICATION STORE OUTAGE, DISRUPTION IN SERVICE OR OTHER DEFECT RESULTING IN CLIENT’S INABILITY TO DOWNLOAD OUR APPLICATION RELATED TO OUR PRODUCTS, NOR SHALL PARROT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR COSTS OR FEES, IF ANY, INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH A DOWNLOAD ON A THIRD PARTY’S WEBSITE. THE CLIENT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT HIS OR HER RECOURSE, LEGAL OR OTHERWISE, RELATED THERETO SHALL BE SOLELY AGAINST THE THIRD-PARTY PROVIDER.
International Transactions Regulations
- The following provisions apply to shipments from the United States of America to Clients located in Canada.
- The 1980 United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply.
- Except as otherwise specified, terms of delivery are Ex-Works (within the meaning of INCOTERMS 2010) and all customs fees, import duties, cargo insurance, taxes and other charges imposed on or relating to the purchase or sale of Parrot’ Products shall be paid by the Client in addition to the stated price.
- Prices include Parrot’s standard commercial export packaging which may vary depending on whether shipment is made by air, land or sea.
Export Control Regulations
- The Products may be subject to any applicable export control regulations such as U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR), as amended (15 C.F.R. § 730 et seq.). These laws and regulations also control the re-exportation of the Product to any country outside of the United States. In addition the export transactions may be subject to embargoes and export controls administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control and the U.S. Department of State. The Client further represents and warrants that he or she is not located in, or under the control of any country embargoed by the United States. The Client further represents and warrants that he or she is not on the U.S. Treasury Department list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Persons or Entity Lists. Compliance with these laws and regulations is the sole responsibility of the Client and, except as otherwise provided in this Terms and Conditions, no provisions shall be interpreted to delegate this responsibility to any other person.
- Parrot does not transfer to you or license to you in any manner any patent, trade secret, trademark, service mark, copyright or other intellectual property right related to our brand, name or products, other than the right to incorporate or use the products purchased by you from us or as otherwise set forth in this agreement.Parrot shall retain title to all logos, designs, sketches, drawings, patterns, dies, tools, special appliances and materials furnished or paid for by us in connection with the product you purchase.
Personal Data and Account
- When placing an order on our Site, the Client agrees to accurately to fill out his or her identification details, or corporation details, contact information, including email address, billing and delivery address.The billing and delivery addresses may be different, subject to being located in either the United States of America or Canada.His or Her personal data collected via the purchase of a product through the Site is used only for the purpose of the execution of the order. The data is processed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and Canada concerning the treatment and protection of personal data.The Client has the right to modify and delete his or her personal data. For further information, and/or to exercise his/her rights, the Client is invited to refer to the page dedicated to the collection and processing of personal data on our Site or by sending a request to customer service.
- When the Client purchases our Products from the Site, he or she may create an account as part of the checkout process. The Client is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his or her password and restricting access to such password and account. Additionally, the Client agrees to accept responsibility for all purchases and activities that occur under his or her account whether made by him or her or by others, with and without his or her permission.
- We attempt to be as accurate as possible; however, we do not warrant that all Product descriptions, photographs, pricing or other information on the Site is accurate, complete, current, or error-free. In addition, all weights and size dimensions are approximate. If a Product offered by us is not as described or pictured, the Client’s sole remedy is to return it in an unused condition for a refund, subject to the condition stated in this Terms and Conditions.
- In the event of an error, whether on the Site, in an order confirmation, in processing an order, in delivering a Product or otherwise, we reserve the right to correct such error and revise Client’s order accordingly, or to cancel the order and refund any amount charged. Client’s sole remedy in the event of an error is to cancel his or her order and obtain a refund.
Governing Law; Venue
- These Terms and Conditions and Client’s purchase of Products from Parrot through the Site shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without resort to its conflict of law provisions.
- The Client agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions or his or her purchase of Products shall be filed only, and Client hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consents and submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts over any suit, action or proceeding arising out of these Terms and Conditions.
- Failure of Parrot to make any delivery (or portions thereof) when due or perform hereunder, if occasioned in whole or in part by any act of God or other act beyond the reasonable control of Parrot, including, without limitation, fire, explosion, flood, drought, war, any act of terrorism, riots, civil insurrection, sabotage, accident, embargo, governmental priority, compliance with law or regulations, requisition, shortage or failure of supply of materials or labor, strikes or other labor trouble, or unforeseen circumstances, shall be excused. Parrot shall have no obligation or liability whatsoever arising out of or in connection with any such failure.
Entire Agreement; Severability; Language
- The failure of either party at any time to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not prevent either party from enforcing any other provision. In the event that any portion of these Terms and Conditions shall be held to be unenforceable, the remaining portions of these Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Any obligations and duties which by their nature extend beyond the expiration or termination of this agreement shall survive any expiration or termination of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions have been written in English (USA). In the event of divergence between a translated version and the English version, the latter shall prevail.
- The Client can send any questions or comments regarding this Site or his or her order by email by contracting our Customer Service https://www.parrot.com/us/support/hotline .
Last updated on 30th July 2018.