Version – 01/17/2017 (effective date)
Note to residents of Canada: Personal information you provide in connection with your use of the Site may be processed and/or stored by Parrot, its parent, affiliates, corporate partners, or third-party service providers in the United States. Any such processing and/or storage will take place in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
What is “personal information” and what personal information do we collect?
By “personal information,” we mean information that is reasonably identifiable to you or to a particular device.
Personal Information We may Collect. Personal information that we collect includes information that you provide voluntarily. Personal information requested might include, for example, your name, date of birth, e-mail address, home address, telephone number or, where identifiable to you, other information such as your zip code. NOTE: If you elect to make purchases on the Site, you will be required to enter your credit card information. We do not collect sensitive credit card information on the Site that may be processed in connection with your purchases in connection with the Site. We outsource processing of credit card transactions to vendors that we understand to be compliant with appropriate Payment Card Industry standards for security.
Navigational Information. When you visit the Site, we may capture certain information automatically (even if you do not voluntarily provide us with personal information, or in addition to personal information that you do provide). This information may include your Internet protocol address and location-based information, which we use to verify the country in which you are located. If such navigational information is reasonably identifiable to you or is reasonably identifiable to a particular device, it will be deemed personal information for purposes of this Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to match non-personal navigational information with other information that we have collected from you. If that other information renders such navigational information reasonably identifiable to you or a particular device, then by definition it will become personal information. Navigational information that is deemed personal information under this paragraph will be treated as such pursuant to this Privacy Statement. Please note that we may collect information using a third-party web analytics tool such as Google Analytics (http://www.google.com/analytics/index.html) that aggregates data so that it is not identifiable to any particular individual or device. As of the Effective Date of this Privacy Statement, Google Analytics represents that it does not collect any personal information, as it explains at https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/cookie-usage.
Other Information You Voluntarily Provide: You may choose to contact us and the information you disclose may constitute personal information.
Suggestions and Ideas. Any suggestions or similar communications relating to Parrot’s business or the Site how they might be changed, enhanced or improved are not treated as private or confidential under this Privacy Statement. We will, however, at all times use reasonable efforts to de-identify you personally with the suggestion.
How does Parrot use the information it collects?
We generally use personal information collected on the Site for the following purposes:
- to validate your client account;
- to process and fulfill orders placed on the Site;
- to respond to inquiries from users, follow up on deliveries of purchases or services, and manage our commercial relations with users (in particular, with respect to after-sales services);
- to advise you of opportunities and promotions available on our Site or elsewhere, including product-specific changes and updates; and
- to distribute e-newsletters and other informational and/or promotional materials.
See also circumstances under which we may share or transfer personal information, discussed below.
Parrot uses “cookies.” Please refer to the “Information about cookies” document available on the Site’s home page by clicking on “Information about cookies”.
Please note that if you reject all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of certain Site offerings.
How does Parrot treat “Do Not Track” requests from a user’s browser?
Users may have the option of enabling “Do Not Track” in their browsers, which sends a signal to websites that the user does not want to be tracked across multiple websites. Parrot does not track users across multiple websites, regardless of whether users have enabled “Do Not Track.”
Does Parrot use personal information for advertising purposes?
Parrot may use personal information, such as your email address, to provide you with information regarding Parrot products and services if you have opted to receive newsletters or other communications from Parrot. Parrot does not share personal information with third-party advertisers.
Under what circumstances does Parrot disclose or transfer personal information to others?
There are circumstances where we will transfer and/or disclose your personal information to third parties. Those circumstances, subject to the limits of applicable law, are as follows:
- Parent, Subsidiaries and Affiliates: Parrot may transfer personal information to its parent, subsidiaries and corporate affiliates for purposes related to Parrot’s product offerings and after-sale services as such offerings and services may change and develop over time.
- Carriers: Parrot will provide carriers in charge of our products delivery with your personal information in order to complete such delivery properly.
- The Site Consultants and Service Providers: Parrot transfers personal information to third-party service providers that may be hosting or housing data on behalf of Parrot or otherwise acting on its behalf as a data center (such as providers of hosting, cloud, technology outsourcing and support services). Additionally, Parrot may disclose personal information to the extent that our service providers require access to our databases, or the information contained in our databases, to service Parrot and the Site. Note to residents of Canada: Personal information you provide in connection with your use of the Site may be processed and/or stored by Parrot, its parent, affiliates, corporate partners, or third-party service providers in the United States.
- Legal Compulsion and Parrot’s Protection: Parrot reserves the right to release personal information in accordance with applicable law in response to a subpoena or otherwise when we believe that the law requires us to do so, or when we reasonably believe it is necessary to protect and/or enforce the rights, property interests, or safety of Parrot, our users or others.
- Reorganization or Sale of Parrot: In the event that Parrot is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that Parrot is sold or it sells all or substantially all of its assets, or a brand or line of its business, the information you provide may be one of the transferred assets for use by the acquiring entity.
- As Otherwise Allowed by Law: We may transfer personal information to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so.
How do you keep my personal information secure?
Although we cannot guarantee that our or our third-party service providers’ servers are impenetrable, we have attempted to establish and implement reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Where we use third-party service providers to collect, store, or process data, we attempt to use third-party service providers who likewise also establish and implement reasonable procedures.
Does the Site link to third party sites?
The Site may link to third-party sites including social media websites. When using third-party sites you should review the privacy policies of such parties’ sites to understand how they collect and use personal information.
How long do you keep my information?
Parrot keeps your personal information for as long as we deem it useful to use and for as long as applicable law allows us to maintain it.
How can I access and make changes to my personal information?
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third-parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to the contact address below.
How will I be notified of changes and updates to the Privacy Statement?
Changes and updates to this Privacy Statement will be posted on the Site. Updated Privacy Statements are effective upon posting to the Site.
Who do I contact about my rights under this Privacy Statement?
If you have any comments, questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement or Parrot’s privacy practices at the Site, please contact us at Parrot Inc., Attn.: Privacy Officer, 535 Mission, Ste. 2602
San Francisco, CA 94105 or by email via the “Send an email” button on the Site’s home page.